Infinitap Games, LLC
Based in Canoga Park, CA
PC, Mac, Linux
DescriptionDevastated Dreams is a psychological horror game combining the two things that have scared the developer the most - being an expectant parent and feeling totally vulnerable in a rural area of the Philippines without any electricity or running water. It is a narrative focused game telling the story of Angel, a young woman who may or may not be expecting a child as she has to journey through twisted nightmares plagued by horrible monsters inspired by Filipino folklore.
HistoryIn 2013, Matt Gilgenbach visited the Phillippines to meet his wife's family for the first time. He was amazed by the natural beauty but surprised to see that some people lived in the jungle without power - their only light came from candles. He was also fascinated by the aswang, Filipino legendary creatures similar to werewolves and vampires but more twisted. They often prey on children, which is the perfect metaphor to express his fears of taking care of his first child.
- Inspired by the developer's fears and anxieties expecting his first child.
- Grayscale watercolor art style with unique dynamic lighting system that converts light and shadows into layered ink effects.
- Modeled after real life locations in the Philippines including Tacloban after it was devastated by a typhoon, the Kabayan Fire Mummy caves, and more.
- A strong narrative focus telling the story of Angel through her nightmares representing her fears.
- A commitment to immersion by having no hud or button prompts as well as binaural audio to realistically simulate sounds in 3D.
Awards & Recognition
Devastated Dreams has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
Devastated Dreams hasn't been the subject of any interesting article or (p)review yet. You could be the first!
About Infinitap Games, LLC
Infinitap Games is an indie studio formed by Matt Gilgenbach to create fresh and original games.
More information on Infinitap Games, LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Devastated Dreams Credits
Creative director, programmer
Art, animation, level design
Eduardo Ortiz Frau