Infinitap Games, LLC
Based in Canoga Park, CA
PC, Mac, Linux, Ouya
DescriptionNeverending Nightmares is a psychological horror game inspired by the real horror of Matt Gilgenbach’s battle with obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression. It features a truly interactive narrative structure allowing you to shape the outcome of the game. It will reinvent the psychological horror genre by eschewing many traditions that don’t contribute to creating an immersive horrifying experience such as limited save points, item collection/ammo hoarding, and puzzle solving. It is currently on kickstarter and will be showing at PAX Prime in booth #885.
HistoryMatt Gilgenbach has had very dark times in his battle with mental illness. While the worst is hopefully behind him, his life has been quite difficult at times, and he still faces challenges every day. After the poor sales of Retro/Grade sent him back into depression, he struggled to think of a new project. He decided that channeling his difficult battle with mental illness into a game would allow him to create a truly unique and horrifying experience for players.
- Draws on the developer's battle with mental illness to create true psychological horror
- Features a constantly shifting reality as the player has false awakenings into new and different nightmares
- Has an interactive narrative with completely different endings depending on player choices
Awards & Recognition
- "Twinfinite PAX Drool Award" PAX, 2013
- "For me, Neverending Nightmares was scarier than any ghost story or zombie infestation because it reopened old wounds."
- Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot
- "Not everyone will easily be able to see all the content the game has to offer. They'll be too freaked out."
- Jonathan Holmes, Destructoid
- "This will give even the most hardened horror fan the chills."
- Crix Lee, Dread Central
About Infinitap Games, LLC
Infinitap Games is an indie studio formed by Matt Gilgenbach to create fresh and original games.
More information on Infinitap Games, LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Neverending Nightmares Credits
Creative director, programmer
Art, animation, level design
Eduardo Ortiz Frau
Public Relations/Community Management